Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I just shot a machine gun

It's 4 pm here in Phnom Pehn.  I have been here for almost 5 hours now, and I love it.  Instead of waxing poetic about the beauty and the sorrow, I'm just going to show you some of my pictures from my first day.  Then after things settle, I'll explain more.  But I really did just shoot a machine gun.

Waving goodbye to Taipei.



There has been massive flooding in Cambodia due to the monsoons.  Some of the wats (Buddhist temples) up by Angkor have has to be evacuated.


My first tuk tuk ride, and my new best friend here, Taran.

There are IKEAs everywhere, but somehow I think this one is different from the Denver mega store...




Yep, my entire bathroom is a shower.  Think of the multitasking!!



Flat screen baby! Can someone explain how I got a better TV by moving to a third world country...


On my way to the Killing Fields Museum

Pretty sure this is a cemetery

German technology, Cambodian brewed.  I wonder if they do tours like the Coors factory.






The Killing Fields.

First Cambodian beer
First Cambodian meal

First monsoon storm.
First time shooting a gun, ever.

And that was just day one...

No comments:

Post a Comment