Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Angkor Wat

This past weekend I went to Siem Reap, and spent Saturday at Angkor Wat.  It was truly spectacular, but the visit was too short.  Towards the end of the day I was on temple overload, and exhausted.  Next time I go, I will spend more time there, and go without a guide.  There wasn't nearly enough time to just wander around and take everything in.




 Not the best picture, but I had to show that I was showing my Colorado love!




 I loved this Buddha statue.  I think this might be my favorite picture!



I am still processing the visit, and have been going non-stop since getting back.  I am in school full time, getting my volunteer situation settled, and trying to spend time with all the new people I have met here.  It's overwhelming at times, and I am glad I took tonight off!

I finished my homework early, and am currently listening to the rain outside of my window, and looking at all the different apartments available.  I have two requirements, a huge balcony, and AC in the bedroom.  I'd prefer to live in the BKK part of town, but that is third on the list.  It also looks like Mr. T might be joining me sooner than I had thought, and I am excited about that.  But at the end of the day, I am ready to start teaching, and start living here, instead of getting ready to.  I am excited for this weekend, we are headed to the beach.  I want a hammock, my nook, and someone to bring me a beer every so often.

Hope you all are well, miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment