Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kinda halfway there...

So I've made it to LA.  I was actually pretty proud of myself, I waited til I was on the plane to start crying.  Thankfully, I had Mr. with me, he really is a great therapy dog, and a very calming influence.  Got especially teary as we passed over Denver, I'm really going to miss the people and the city.
I love window seats when I fly.  I like to look out, imagine what people are doing in the towns I pass over.  We passed over the Grand Canyon, and it was just so lovely.  And huge, but mostly lovely.  And it made me cry again (i cried a lot today, I don't even know why I bothered to put any makeup on.)  I realized I wouldn't see landscape like it for a long time.  I wouldn't see mountains, or huge canyons, or deserts.  But then I thought about what I would see.  Beautiful temples, rice fields, beaches, and a whole new continent.  But I will miss views like this.
(Someone really should have cleaned my window.  I mean really!!)
So now I am hanging out in Santa Monica, dreading saying good bye to Mr.  Apparently he doesn't want to say goodbye either...

He did give me a present.  He hid one of his bones in my suitcase.  It made me cry, again.  Sweet baby Jesus, I am going to miss that little guy!  I really hope that Eva knows she is going to have to teach him how to Skype....

No comments:

Post a Comment